Presented by: The Master's Table Web Site
Why We Fall
The average age of the world's great
has been 200 years. These nations progressed
through the sequence:
1. from bondage to spiritual faith
2. from spiritual faith to great courage
3. from courage to liberty
4. from liberty to abundance
5. from abundance to selfishness
6. from selfishness to Apostasy
7. from Apostasy to apathy
8. from apathy to dependence
9. from dependence back again to bondage.
Gibbon in his "The Decline and Fall of the Roman
Empire" set forth five basic reasons why that great
civilization withered and died:
1. the undermining of the dignity and sanctity of
the home, which is the basis for human society.
2. the mad craze for pleasure; sports becoming
every year more exciting, more brutal, more
3. higher and higher taxes; the spending of public
money for free bread and circuses for the populace.
4. the building of great armaments when the real
enemy was within - the decay of individual
5. the decay of religion; faith fading into mere form,
losing touch with life, losing power to guide the
May God Bless you all.
Presented by the Master's Table: